Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A different kind of cowgirl











O.K. so I'm not totally certain where this blog is going to go so the ending will be a surprise to all of us. It's just somthin I just started thinking about lately.




When people ask me if I am a "cowgirl" I don't always know what to say. (I usually say yes). I don't have cattle, but I've helped with friends and know a bit about them. I don't Rodeo. Never have. I do love the rodeo though. I had the chance to get a barrel horse and start but chose to go with a pleasure horse. I do know about horses. I have had them all my life, as has my Mother and Grandfather. I train myself I don't have a pro trainer. I can ride the trail or go to the show. I don't consider my self any thing great but I have received many compliments from people who I think are great. I believe cowboys and cowgirls (cow people) have a certain way of life. They seem to have a certain beliefs. Life is pretty simple, it's honest and kind (most of the time). It's hard working. It's knowing how to have a good time. It's dirty. It's a common bond with other people like you. It's having a gift with horses and other livestock. It's knowing how to look at things a little differently . It's helpful when it can be. It's common sense.




I feel like I am all those things. Some of them a little more then others. I do not believe that it is how you dress, the music you listen to or the car you drive. So am I a "cowgirl" Yes. Just maybe I am a different kind of cowgirl then the ones you read about in stories or magazines. Are you?

6 comments:

Robynn's Ravings said...

I think I'm just a cow. But you, darlin' are the real thing!

The Wife said...

I believe I am. However, I'm all cattle and not much horse!

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Yeaaa, your a cowgirl!

It's all a state of mind...and I think you nailed it pretty darn good.

Chelsi said...

I agree with BECG...it is a state of mind... at the same time I also wonder what really makes someone a cowgirl...does riding "western" make you a cowgirl? Do you have to know cows or throw a rope? It's a good question...

It's my first stop over here. You're horse is gorgeous! He's so big!!

Vaquerogirl said...

Aw sshoot- I think I'm gonna cry! You are a cowgirl darlin- I raised you to be one. I think you put it very eloquently! Remember you don't have to be a chicken to recognize an egg!

Lil Mama said...

Thanks for all you comments. I don't think you have to ride western. In fact I happen to ride english most of the time these days.

The FamDamily

The FamDamily

My hunter

My hunter
Monster mule deer 2011

The Men On the Mountain

The Men On the Mountain

1st time at the beach

1st time at the beach

Harvest festival 2011

Harvest festival 2011

TLC and The Hunter

TLC and The Hunter
my boyz

TLC In Columbia CA

TLC In Columbia CA