Friday, January 21, 2011

The Redeemer


This is Miss, S,K,G and T I was takin the picture and Miss A is not a morning person.
So my very good friend has a little house on the coast in Aptos. I have blogged about it before. We had decided to do a girl trip again. Well the week before we were set to leave her garage caught fire. YIKES. They now have to move out of their house for about three months. Well her fabulous husband said to go ahead to the beach anyway. What better way to feel better then a weekend at the beach.
The day we left was great. No traffic, perfect weather. It was about 70 degrees when we got there. My kind of vacation. That night we went to a little Mexican restaurant around the corner. It's great because we can walk. Well before we left, one of the girls (not one of the regular crew) had a couple drinks. No biggie, then at the restaurant before we sat down she had a couple more. Then the bartender decided he liked her and started sending shots of tequila to her. YIKES!! RED FLAGS!! She just kept on takin them. By the time we left the restaurant she was plowed. Well I have seen her drunk and so had one of the other girls in the group. The others had no idea what was in store. We got her home. Then she started in on a rant, verbally attacking one of the other girls. (there were 6 of us in all) Well poor little Miss S has never seen anybody this drunk and on top of it is very sensitive. In the middle of the drunkin rant With me and Miss A trying to get Miss T to just go to bed the power go's out. Great. I go out side to see if I can fix it. I am really the only one who even has a clue about this stuff. (Thanks Hunter) I get it back on and an hour later it go's off again. This time I can't get it back on. Miss T is still on a drunkin rant. I sent Miss S, G and K off to hide in the bedroom since they were the targets of the rant. Finally Miss A and I get Miss T off to bed. The next day was beautiful if not a little awkward. I got up and went for a run along the beach. Then we went to down town Capitola for a little shopping and lunch. By the time we got back the electricity was fixed. Turns out it was the line from the house to the pole. Any way. We had a great homemade spaghetti dinner and Miss G's 85 year old aunt came over. We call her Aunt Fairy or Fairy Godmother. She drives a sports car with a license plate frame that says "sexy ol' lady from Aptos" I have decided I want to be just like her when I am 85. She still plays tennis three times a week.
On Sunday we walked along the beach had a latte and walked back. When we got in the Van to leave the damned battery was dead. The neighbor was nice enough to charge it for us while we went down and had some pizza. It's a great thing that everything is within walking distance.
All and all It took the bad taste from the snow trip out of my mouth. That's right I would rather deal with a nasty drunk then go to the snow.
I can't wait to go again but I don't think we will inviting Miss T.

2 comments:

Denisarita said...

I have no objections to someone getting hammered, IF they aren't a mean drunk. Silly, giggling, loving, all o.k., mean,,, not. At least it didn't ruin your trip.

Train Wreck said...

Well next time invite this " Mrs T", lol I am a happy drinker, of course If I get up on the bar it is your duty to get me down before the flashes start going off!! I am all for warmer weather too my friend. Came over to see how big that little boy is getting!?

The FamDamily

The FamDamily

My hunter

My hunter
Monster mule deer 2011

The Men On the Mountain

The Men On the Mountain

1st time at the beach

1st time at the beach

Harvest festival 2011

Harvest festival 2011

TLC and The Hunter

TLC and The Hunter
my boyz

TLC In Columbia CA

TLC In Columbia CA