Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I have been thinking....We all know that's scary.

So I haven't decided yet, but I think I may start a second blog called "Life with The Hunter and Goats" Most of the really good stuff involves him. He's usually why I am mad, sad, or laughing my butt off, and goats are just kinda cool.

Right now we are having goat issues. We have four goats. Dick, Dan, Diesel and Dozer. We have had Diesel and Dozer the longest. We got them as kids about three or four month old. They are now three. We have just bought them saddles and they can start carrying weight. Both are good packers. However, (you knew that was coming) Dozer has always been a little stand offish. It's getting worse. He has hooked The Hunter twice. He is always the one to escape (which means a lot of fence work for The Hunter) and he doesn't like to be caught. The Hunter, who has the Patience of a nat, has been close to killing him several times. He has even tried hobbles (I didn't know they made them for goats either) I personally think all this mucking around has made Dozer more wary of Hunter. Goats hold grudges like old Italian women. Goats also will do things to get a reaction out of you. As it turns out they are pretty smart critters. They say they can be about as smart as a four year old child. Now The Hunter wants to sell him. The only thing that sucks about this is I am already attached. Of course he has threatened to sell him before and I talked him out of it So I guess we'll see.

1 comment:

Robynn's Ravings said...

The only reason you're attached is because he's hooked the Hunter twice. And really, who could blame you? And I think every wife needs something around that can hold a grudge against her husband like an "old Italian woman." (A line, by the way, that caught me by surprise and gave me one of my best laughs of the day!) That sorta thing comes in handy when they really tick you off.

And no wonder the Hunter wants to get rid of him.

The FamDamily

The FamDamily

My hunter

My hunter
Monster mule deer 2011

The Men On the Mountain

The Men On the Mountain

1st time at the beach

1st time at the beach

Harvest festival 2011

Harvest festival 2011

TLC and The Hunter

TLC and The Hunter
my boyz

TLC In Columbia CA

TLC In Columbia CA